Angelina Margo is a West Los Angeles area certified personal trainer and nutrition coach who's diverse clientele range from celebrities, pre/postnatal women, seniors, and athletes. She uses her expertise to make her clients feel comfortable and confident and is known for radiant positive energy, bright personality and smile. Her training programs include exercise, nutritional guidance, and strategies for keeping an inspired mindset to help clients maximize their fitness potential.
Angelina is equipped with the knowledge and skills to assist clients in achieving their fitness goals regardless of fitness level, age, or experience, whether that be to enhance flexibility, functional fitness, and strength, or beyond to obtain a bikini beach body or fitness model physique. Angelina tailors exercise programs that are specific to each client’s goals. She utilizes both corrective and high-performance exercise to address every phase of fitness development based on individual needs, abilities, and preferences. "My full spectrum training principle is based on proper postural alignment, balance, stability, core strength and fat loss/increased lean body mass."
To meet the fitness objectives of every type of client, Angelina's wide range of training styles include yoga and dynamic warm-ups and cool downs, free weights, plyometrics, bands, physioball, kettlebells, kickboxing, machines and more! Angelina has a keen awareness of body mechanics and is very attentive to pre-existing injuries which is so important, especially for those who have structural issues or health conditions. There isn't anyone she can't help with achieving their fitness goals.
Angelina believes the experience she gained from her master’s degree program in social work, her published research on exercise, and her work training clients from a wide range of health and fitness backgrounds, have contributed to her knowledge base to become a more solid and well-rounded trainer. Angelina works with the whole person to promote a healthy lifestyle that offers sustainable results, from the beginner to the athlete.
"I love my work as a personal trainer, weight-loss, and wellness coach, mentoring, and being a part of transforming lives and bodies!" ~Angelina
As teen Angelina loved whipping up her own organic low fat recipes and was often asked for tips on how to get lean. Back then exercising, eating clean, and sharing tips was just for fun!
In 2002 Angelina started as a support group leader for Safe Passage Lives, a non-profit organization helping victims of domestic violence. After meeting her spouse who's a master trainer, body building champ, and physique competitor, she saw first hand how he not only transformed bodies, but he was transforming lives through fitness, and she wanted to be a pat of that! Fitness and coaching soon developed into full time career for her.
Upon earning her advanced degree, Angelina started her own company, LYFEBOD, which was founded upon an integration of personal experience, academic research, and holistic awareness. As an evolving online resource, Lyfe Bod provides information about health and wellness to spread awareness about the importance of “Loving Your Fitness Everyday!” At Safe Passage Lives, Angelina has successfully mentored dozens of women who needed the tools to take charge of their lives and their future, and she has been instrumental in expanding the organizations fitness, health and wellness coaching services.
Angelina also facilitates self-defense workshops in collaboration with RAYGEBYBODYSHOX, for those who desire the opportunity to build confidence by learning how to properly defend themselves. These workshops help empower people, especially women, to develop both their (intrinsic and extrinsic) inner and outer strengths.
- Personal fitness trainer and founder of Lyfe Bod, 2010 - present
- West Los Angeles VA SW paid internship program- Bio-psychosocial assessments, groups, care coordination, 2013-2014
- PSA Counselor and School Psychologist SW intern with LAUSD - Cognitive behavioral and Solutions based Individual, Family & Group Counseling, and Assessments, 2012-1013
- Vitamins and Crystals - Health & Wellness Coach, 2006 - 2009
- Behavior Change Coach: teaching clients how to fit exercise into their life and approach career opportunities with self-esteem and confidence.
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: a directive person-centered counseling style for eliciting behavior change by helping clients explore and resolve ambivalence about situations in their lives and the life they would like to have.
- Building structure for proper training progressions, from beginner to athlete.
- Modifying specialized fitness training for clientele with PD or fibromyalgia
- Facilitating Mommy's group training classes
- Boot camps and small group training.